NDIA Commits to a New Integrated End-to-End Approach to the NDIS: Spotlight NDIS
13 June 2017
The Participant and Pathway Review was the result of the NDIA’s recognition that the NDIS processes and systems during the transition to the full scheme in July 2016 were not of consistently highs standards. It has involved consultation with participants, providers, peak disability bodies and other stakeholders from all States and Territories to determine what improvements are required and how they may be achieved.
The aim is to implement a new integrated end-to-end approach that will include:
- a greater outcomes-focus throughout a participant’s life
- more active involvement with communities
- more face-to-face communications
- fewer participant transfers
- an easier to navigate portal
- a more responsive call centre experience
- significantly improved interactions with providers and disability organisations.
In this statement, NDIA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) David Bowen warns that this new integrated approach will first be tested thoroughly, with staff retrained, systems implemented and communications improved significantly. All of this will take some time.
He also reassures participants that there is no policy directive to cut the amounts of supports in plan packages.
For further information, read the full Participant and Pathway Review Statement.