QMHW Community Events Grant Program
The Queensland Alliance for Mental Health, on behalf of the Queensland Mental Health Commission (the Commission), invites local government, non-government and community organisations to apply for small grants under the Queensland Mental Health Week (QMHW) Community Events Grant program.
Grants of up to $2,500 (excluding GST) will be offered for organisations to host registered QMHW community mental health awareness events and activities, with a total investment of $85,000, to cover or contribute to costs for events and activities.
Queensland Mental Health Week raises awareness of mental health and wellbeing among Queenslanders during the week of 8–14 October 2017 through a range of events and activities across the State. The theme for 2017 is to value mental health.
The grant program will consider the needs of groups vulnerable to greater risk, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people living in rural and remote Queensland
- people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and questioning (LGBTIQ)
- other groups at risk of marginalisation (e.g. people with disability, young people and older people).
Applicants are encouraged to partner with other local organisations as well as local councils to maximise the reach and impact of their Queensland Mental Health Week event or activity.
Events must be registered on the QMHW website event registration page.
To Spread the Word
To help spread the word about Queensland Mental Health Week and the QMHW Community Events Grant Program, see our media kit today for suggested Facebook posts, tweets and an accompanying image.
First download the Queensland Mental Health Week Community Events Grant guidelines and application form.
To apply for a grant you must email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, 1 September 2017. Please note:
- To be considered, applications must include a completed Community Event Grant Application Form (total file size must be less than 10MB).
- Applications should be submitted using commonly available software and where possible provided in both Microsoft Word and PDF format.
- The grant application form is also available on the Queensland Mental Health Week and Queensland Mental Health Commission websites.
For event ideas and advice on event management, we recommend that organisations review the:
The QMHW Community Events Grant program is funded by the Queensland Mental Health Commission and managed by the Commission’s partner, the Queensland Alliance for Mental Health (QAMH).